National Geographic Traveler Complete Archive

I worked at National Geographic Traveler as an ASME intern for the summer of 2006. While the bulk of the internship was editing, I had the opportunity to do some travel writing for their magazine and their award-winning travel blog, Intelligent Travel. I also received the National Geographic Research Certificate after completing a number of research-oriented classes. Some of the below clips are from my time as an intern, the others were written freelance. Travel is a very large passion of mine (I've traveled around seven European countries, moved six times and visited more than half of the 50 United States) and my sense of adventure continues to shape the type of journalist I am.

Chicago Chow -- A few lesser-known Chicago eateries (and a famous-for-a-reason pizza joint).

Seattle: The Center of the Universe -- This location is as far from the mainstream as possible. In fact, it's just downright odd.

In Search of the Perfect Loo -- 2006's top five public restrooms across the nation.

Oregon Shopping Guide -- Willing to try anything once, I helped author Mary Beth LaRue review some of Oregon's exports.

48 Hours: Quebec City -- Plan a trip with these resources that highlight the best the city has to offer.

EuroTrip 2006 -- A short account of my three-week, six-city backpacking tour through Europe.